Oh hello! I’m Ashley… pleased to meet you.
My Actual Brand is my outlet for all of the personal passions & projects that I like to keep separate from my “real job” of owning and operating an upcycled necktie & bow tie business called AENDEE.
When I’m not sewing up ties or helping my husband run his reclaimed wood company I love to cook, bake, sew, knit & crochet, make music, make messes, go thrift shopping, and spend time in my cozy downtown Fargo apartment.
- I have 4 tattoos – all of which are sort of secret.
- I own a little house rabbit named Bun!, she is 6 years old and sassy as heck.
- I’m a vegetarian & I love to create meatless versions of my favorite foods from my Italian/Chicago childhood: Meatballs, Buffalo Wings, Pulled Pork, Ribs, Bratwurst, Po’ boys, Hoagies… I definitely don’t miss eating animals but some flavors are just so darn nostalgic!
- I was born & raised in a Chicago suburb called Joliet and moved to Fargo basically by accident. It will be 8 years in the Fall of ’17!
- My first job was at a fabric store – the experience made me want to learn to sew.
- I basically live at thrift stores. Between shopping for secondhand material for my business & searching for fun finds you can almost always find me at a Fargo thrift shop.
- I love my husband. Like a lot. It’s kind of gross but he is the best ever.
That’s all folks!